You probably don’t know this about me but in 1999-2001 I owned and operated a catering company.
And one of the most popular treats customers ordered was my chocolate chip-pecan cookies.
So in the spirit of the Holiday season I am going to share my recipe with you.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Crisco shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the pecans and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the Crisco, brown sugar, butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until creamy.
- Mix the creamy mixture in with the flour mixture. When you have mixed thoroughly place the cookie batter in the refrigerator for at least half an hour. If you don’t have time to chill the dough, no worries.
- Drop by large round teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. (Chilling the dough makes this easier).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes then place on a cooling rack or towel.
- These cookies can be frozen in an airtight container. If you don’t eat them all right then.